Saturday, December 26, 2009

Spirit of the HAWK

This stick has had many incarnations. We have decorated it, lived with it, took off the decorations, started all over again at least twice maybe three times.

We're finally happy with it!




The willow tree that gave me this stick lives up near Wolf Ranch and Cumbre Vista here in Colorado Springs. I had to prune it a bit with my hoe when I was putting in a rip rap pit for the sub-divisions there. I made a total of five sticks from this same tree. That makes them "brother sticks"

Here are the other four sticks before their final embellishing



The Hawk stick is the same light color.

It has a bi-colored grip of deerskin laces, a fan of feathers, blue and bone beads, and a medicine bag with a hawk totem. It is inlaid with two blue stones.

Free worldwide shipping on this unique item. It would look at home in an office or den or used for Native American pow wows or reenactments.






1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of brother sticks. I also love native American stuff and have a blog with many free images you might find useful for inspiration http://www.nativeamericanimages.net/. When you get a badge or something I could put it on my site if you like

    ReplyDelete